So you know how I love Horchata…what about Rumchata? Taste similar but with a alcoholic kick! And I love me some dairy alcohol (White Russians anyone?) But if you haven’t tried Rumchata yet, I would say it taste sort of like liquid Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Here’s a handy link to what exactly RumChata is along with fun recipes like RumChata French Toast!
So…what about…Rumchata cupcakes?!
- 1/2 cup Butter (1 stick at room temp.)
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup RumChata
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 4 Egg Whites
Rumchata Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 12 oz cream cheese (1 1/2 packages, at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick at room temp.)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons RumChata
- 1 package confectioner’s sugar (2lb bag)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine sugar & butter and beat until fluffy
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt & cinnamon, set aside
- Mix the RumChata & vanilla together, set aside
- Alternating, add in the flour mixture and RumChata mixture into the butter and sugar. Start and end with the flour mixture.
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form (this will be easiest in an electric mixer)
- Fold egg whites in to the batter – do not do this in an electric mixer, use a spatula
- Fill cupcake liners
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Combine butter and cream cheese until smooth
- Add vanilla
- Slowly add confectioners’ sugar
- Mix in RumChata (use more or less based on the thickness of the frosting.
- Frost the cupcakes