Who doesn’t love a ice cold Horchata from your local Mexican hangout? Ok, don’t answer that. But for the Horchata lovers, did you know you can easily make a pitcher (or two) of your very own from the comfort of your own home?
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup uncooked white long-grain rice
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or almond flavoring
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- Mix the rice and water and let stand at room temperature for 40-45 min.
- Blend water and rice for about 1 minute. At this point the rice should just begin to fall apart.
- Strain the rice chunks out of the water.
- Add the vanilla, sugar, milk, and cinnamon into the rice water.
- Chill for a half hour.
- Stir and serve over ice if wanted.