Here’s a fantastic Valentine’s day treat for a loved one or any friends! Puppy chow with a red velvet twist!!
Ingredients (source: yourcupofcake.com)
5 cups Rice Chex cereal
3/4 cup white chocolate melts or chips
1/4 cup chocolate melts or chips
2 oz cream cheese, room temp
1 1/2 Tbsp. milk
1 cup Red Velvet Cake mix
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Valentines colored M&M’s or other candies
Heart sprinkles for extra decoration
1. Measure out Rice Chex cereal and place into a large bowl.
2. Place cake mix and powdered sugar into a large plastic bag.
3. Melt chocolates together in the microwave or on the stove top.
4. Stir in cream cheese and milk (the chocolate will get thicker, but it’s okay)
5. Pour chocolate over Rice Chex cereal and stir until coated.
6. Dump cereal into the bag with powdered sugar and cake mix. Shake, shake, shake until coated.
7. Dump onto a cookie sheet and let cool.
8. Mix with extra colorful candies and serve!
NOTE: Because of the cream cheese, keep in the fridge if you won’t be eating them that day. You can also omit the cream cheese all together if you wish…if you do that, you don’t need the milk either!