It’s practically an American holiday…Super Bowl Sunday is upon us! For those hosting, it could be a pretty simple ordeal depending on how much homemade things you decide to make. Sure it’s easy to order a few dozen wings and pizzas, but here are a few simple snacks and drinks you can whip up pretty easily. Not to mention a surefire way to impress your grub hungry guests! “Did you make this??” “Why yes, yes I did!”
Bacon Cheese Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup diced green peppers
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp, cooled and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
- In medium bowl, with mixer, blend sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped onion and green pepper, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Crumble bacon into small pieces and add to mixture.
- Add chopped tomato and stir well.
- Garnish with shredded lettuce just before serving, if desired.
- Serve with Townhouse crackers, veggies or potato chips.
Funfetti Cake Dip
- 1 box Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups light cool whip (thawed)
- extra sprinkles to sprinkle on top
Mix cake mix, yogurt, and cool whip together in a large bowl until there are no lumps. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. Sprinkle some extra sprinkles over the top then serve with low fat vanilla wafers or graham crackers.
Red Berry Sangria
- 1 bottle of Barefoot Moscato
- 1 ounce or 2mL Ciroc Red Berry vodka
- 6 diced strawberries
- 12 diced raspberries
- 1 can of Sprite
Mix the Barefoot Moscato, Ciroc Red Berry vodka, strawberries and raspberries in a pitcher. Refrigerate for about an hour to allow ingredients to settle. Serve in a glass over ice with a dash of Sprite in each glass.